Job Opportunity: Diving Talent Identification Specialist
The Edmonton Kinsmen Diving Club has been in existence since 1981. We operate at the Kinsmen Sports Centre in Edmonton, offering dryland training as well as precompetitive and competitive programming to our athletes.
We are currently looking for a full time diving coach/talent identification specialist to add to our team.
Position Title: Diving Talent Identification Specialist
The Diving Talent Identification Specialist will operate a large talent identification program in the city of Edmonton Alberta encompassing over 60,000 children.
This system relies on promotion, physical testing and ongoing evaluation through the various phases of advancement toward higher competitive diving levels.
The T I D Specialist will report to the Head Coach,
- Communicate with school boards, principles, physical education teachers, coaches and facility managers,
- Work with Club coaching staff to place individual potential divers in ongoing programs,
- Follow these divers to monitor their ongoing progress,
- Keep current on advances in sport science and research related to talent identification in the sport of diving,
- Be directly involved in coaching select groups of divers who exhibit the highest potential for rapid advancement in diving at the National Championships level,
- Communicate regularly with parents of divers in the Talent I D group,Upgrade his or her certification on a regular basis.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in sports science.
- Excellent master of spoken and written English language.
- Certified at the level II Diving Coaching Certification Level.
- Minimum five years experience in coaching diving.
- Extensive experience in diving talent identification systems.
- Full range of computer skills including Microsoft Office,(Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook etc.). Accounting software and sport video analysis software.
Full time position,(40 hours per week), must be available evenings and weekends.
Starting salary $52,000 per annum including two weeks paid vacation.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes applications from all, including women, aboriginal persons, ethnic and visible minorities.
Please apply in writing by July 6, 2017 with a resume and include your certification and education qualifications with a cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org