Executive Director Report 2014
Overview:2014 was a busy competitive season. Alberta divers had an excellent year. The Alberta Diving Association board operated smoothly and efficiently throughout the year.
- Alberta divers captured 4 Senior National medals! Congrats Ethan Pitman, Cody Yano, Caeli MacKay and Tyler Roberge!
- Alberta divers had very successful results at the 2014 Junior National Championships earning a total of 20 medals!
- Ethan Pitman won four gold medals. Caeli MacKay won two gold medals. Jacob Zimmel, Dominique Cadieux, Ashley McCool, and Jared Lazar each won a gold medal.
- Caeli McKay, Ashley McCool, Ethan Pitman and Becky Deacon represented Canada at the 2014 World Juniors in Penza, Russia in September along with David Flewwelling and Charlie Tu who also attended as coaches. Caeli MacKay and Ethan Pitman were both finalists - Caeli had a 4th and an 8th place finish and Ethan had an 8th place finish on platform.
- Cody Yano won the Men’s 3 meter National Diving Championship and earned a spot on both the Commonwealth Games Team and the World Cup team and represented Canada at those prestigious events.
- Tyler Roberge had a 6th place finish at the Spain Grand Prix!
- Ethan Pitman also placed 6th at the Grand Prix of Italy.
It seems that the perpetual challenges are funding restraints, access to
facilities and difficulty in trying to increase participation numbers.
Dive Calgary has settled back into the Talisman Sport Center after a
difficult season in 2013 due to the flooding in Calgary.
There are some new facilities opening up in both Edmonton and Calgary – The Meadows pool should be opening next season in Edmonton. There is a new facility called the Seton Aquatic Center in Calgary which is slated to have a full diving complex and construction for that is also underway.
In conclusion, I am proud of the accomplishments of Alberta’s divers and
coaches, and I look forward to another successful year with the Alberta
Diving Association. I would also like to thank the board for their
tireless efforts in their mission to promote and foster the sport of
diving in Alberta.